Sunday 17 January 2010

Sunday Jan 17th - a bit frustrating but got up in the end!

I managed one flight today but the weather had deteriorated by late afternoon with quite a bit of cloud at around 2000' along with haze and a low sun. Had to climb away from the field to the NW and ended up doing some unco-ordinated loops, rools and wingovers. Still, every little helps and maybe next time I'll get clear blue skies so I can try and tie the manoeuvres together.
Of considerable frustration was the engine which
twice cut out on the ground. Not a drama you might think, however it's no fun when you have to jump out away from any chocks and try to handswing the prop! I tried the 'behind the prop' technique for the first time today and this worked fine (and felt pretty safe) so another deposit in the experience bank...
I should hopefully get tomorrow to tinker with the engine and then check-fly it along with more aero's; ah, the joys of operating on a PTF! I could never afford a C of A machine and it would break my heart to pay someone to do what
I'm perfectly competent to do!
Mind you, the airfield's open tomorrow so I'll have a bit more to worry about than a C152, Chipmunk and glider... Tornado's in the circuit focus the mind wonderfully I find!

No comments:

Post a Comment