Wednesday 28 April 2010

28 April - A short, sharp flight, making progress of sorts...

I managed to get up after work tonight and once 2 Tornadoes doing circuit after circuit finally landed, I had the airfield to myself.
I took off on 19, climbed straight to 5000', did a quick HASELL check then went straight into a couple of loops and a roll. Back up to 5000', more loops and another roll, starting to string them together. Last thing, back to 5000' again and I thought I'd do a little sequence, so I did a loop followed by a roll to the right, another loop, a roll to the left, then a triple loop down to 3500' followed by a fast sideslipping descent to land on 19. My GPS logged 22 mins flight time, 30 mins overall. Not a bad little session if I do say so myself, and AVKI behaved perfectly; looks like the carburettor gremlins are gone for good - thank goodness!
What I really need to do is have a warm up flight like this one, come down for a cuppa and then have a go at something else, so on the next day that I have more time to spare, I think I'll have a go at stall turns. Not the easiest manoeuvre to get right though so wish me luck!
By the way, I'm still loving it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment