Sunday 23 May 2010

23 May a good ferry flight from Marham to Honington

Had a good ferry trip today; climbed to 5000' over Marham with gliders below and span, rolled, looped etc so that majority owner Adam could watch. Mind you, having watched him earlier, I realise I'm just a speck at those heights really!
I then headed north to Penteney Lakes and rendezvous'd with Flatty in his Rans S6, G-MZKE. Off we headed to Honington and Flatty got some cracking shots of me in flight - see below. Did lots & lots of turn back circles as it's quite difficult trying to fly the Nipper in formation because of the disparity in speed between our two types. Over Thetford, Flatty called Lakenheath to tell them he was descending and so I called climbing as I wasn't ready to land just yet... I quickly reached 5000' and did some more basic aero's before descending deadside to land on 27. A great little flight in perfect weather. Hopefully this week will let me explore and improve - should be fun!



Here's a very short video of me closing on Flatty's Rans and zooming away.

No comments:

Post a Comment