Tuesday 25 May 2010

25 May learning, improving and my first unintentional spin!

Had 35 mins of good aero's today overhead Honington (also had 30 mins yesterday too, but nothing remarkable to report!).
Anyway, I've finally realised why I go all skew-wiff on the half cuban. I haven't been centralising the rudder before pulling through into a the loop - simple really. Also managed to get it into a spin without trying. Felt it flick to the right from the reverse half cuban. Too much rudder input I think. Opposite rudder stopped it and I dived away, although I pulled on quite a bit of speed - although not quite to VNE.
Still haven't tried stall turns again though as I want a min height of 5000' and the cloudbase has been around 4000' these last 2 days. We shall see what the rest of the week brings...
Lots of fun today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment